Our mission is to create the finance solution all businesses love through technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great services come from great thinkers, that’s why we strive to provide an environment that will allow you to feel comfortable and help you excel in your work. Check this video to have a preview of our method: The Qonto Way
Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017, and the team reached great achievements since then:- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe- 150,000 SME clients- Outstanding customer satisfaction (App Store | Google Play | TrustPilot)- Recognized as one of the best startups to work (LinkedIn | Glassdoor) - 136 millionraised- International investors with a solid fintech experience- Qonto is part of the #Next40 index for 2021- And 400+ happy Qontoers helping us building the finance solution of our dreams (just that!)
Our values:- Ambition | We tackle big challenges no matter what- Teamwork | We create magic by collaborating at the same speed- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning and by facing challenges humbly every day- Integrity | We are transparent and trustworthy with our clients and each other
Themobileengineering team at Qonto currently has over15highly skilled engineers, from all over the world, working closely to shape the best banking apps.
As an Android Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Develop new features. You will work on critical features (both architecture and UI) for our end users.• Collaborate with back-end team. You will work with the back-end dev team to integrate API client.• Solve challenging real-time synchronization problems.• Maintain a high level of quality. You will implement continuous refactoring and unit testing to constantly improve the codebase.• Improve technical solution. You will make your work very scalable, strongly robust and highly secured.• Share knowledge. You are willing to participate in the development of our internal tools.
We’re developing our Android application with the latest version ofKotlin, and we’re building our ownDesign Systemfrom scratch.
Our developments are based on SOLID principles and Clean Architecture, and we mostly work with the following librairies:AndroidX,Dagger,Retrofit,OkHttp,Coroutines,ViewModel... We use many industry-leading tools such asSonarqube,Figma,Lokalize,Firebase... and we maintain a state-of-the-art container-based CI, based on Gitlab.
Our backend is running onGolangandRuby,our Web Frontend with the latest version ofEmberJSand we useSwiftfor our iOS application. Our platform runs on aKubernetescluster hosted onAWS, withPostgreSQLas our database of choice, usingKafkafor our event sourcing andELKfor logging and auditing, among many other tools, services and applications.
What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
Cards: the team responsible for all things cards. On the frontend this includes but is not limited to: the cards screen, the concierge and lounge page, and the card insurance page.
Ledger: the team working on our Core Banking System, which allows us to store transactions in an accurate, scalable and auditable way.
Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
• Experience: You have 4/5+ years experience as a mobile engineer with a strong background in android development lifecycle.• Mastery: You have a strong knowledge and experience in Kotlin and a good understanding of theAndroid SDK.• Problem solver: You are pragmatic and solution-oriented.• Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of companies, in a fast-growing environment.• Best Practices: You work in an organized manner with test coverage (Junit, Espresso and Robolectric), and other best practices.• Curiosity: You are a curious and open minded developer.• Team player: You have good communication skills and you know how to work with a team.• Languages:You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier and more will be added as Qonto grows further
• Office amp; Team Life- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona withWeWorkservices- Monthly team events, and yearly offsite (Barcelona, Sicily what’s next?)- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen and a budget allocated to managers for small team events- The latest in Apple’s equipment
• Qonto’s benefits- Tailor-made Remote Policy: from 2 days per week to full remote. This aspect will be discussed during the hiring process and with your potential Manager. - A competitive salary package (healthcare, commute...)- A minimum of 22 days off- Meal vouchers 100% covered by Qonto- An inclusive environment with a real focus on parity (40% of our teams are women)- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers and we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal and international mobility is also promoted- Access toMoka Care, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
What to expect from our hiring process:
- A 60 min interview with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions- A 60 min interview with the Lead Mobile to create a strong alignment on what they'll expect from you, and tell you more about their way to operate- An exercise to evaluate your coding skills - An interview with future team members to discuss your exercise and help you project yourself in the company- Final interviews with our CTO
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours
Thank you for considering to join Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you! If you want to learn more about us:Les Echos |Qonto's Blog | L'Usine Digitale | Next 40